Born From Pain - Novo Vocalista


Os Holandeses BORN FROM PAIN trocaram mais uma vez de vocalista, aqui está o comunicado:


After a long period of not knowing what was going to happen with Kevin’s throat situation, Kevin was forced to stop shouting for BORN FROM PAIN by doctor’s advice. The amount of shows on the schedule would have left Kevin’s vocal chords scarred and marked for life and obviously he was not willing to take that risk. We had already seen it coming for a while as his situation has not been improving since Kevin’s last show in December 2007. As BORN FROM PAIN had already looked to everybody who they thought were suitable for the job after original singer Che left, the only logical outcome left was to put original member Rob Franssen and former singer for bands like Feeding The Fire, Bloodsport, Wheel Of Progress and Backdraft on the mic.


This is what Rob has to say: “After Kevin had decided to leave the band many people who are involved with the band urged me to pick up the mic, and since everybody was well-convinced I should be the one taking over due to my past experiences as a singer/front man and being the main, longest lasting face of the band, I just did. We actually never really considered this option but it seemed right to us too and I got increasingly motivated by the trust put in me by many and started practising on the mic with the band. I feel great doing this as I have always written all the lyrics and vocal lines for the songs and I can now shout them myself. The fact that many people seem to feel I am doing a good job is really stimulating of course. Besides that, I feel like this is where I am supposed to be, it feels great again”.


Working hard in the practice room for the last couple of months has resulted in a BORN FROM PAIN with a new vocal style that has a more pissed off and aggressive edge (maybe some would say a more hardcore sounding style of singing), adding a new dimension to the BORN FROM PAIN sound. The band is really happy with the outcome and has already been writing the bigger part of the upcoming new album in this line-up. The band is happy to be doing their brand of heavy music and developing further in the sound by adding vocals that are not the typical death metal styled stuff one would expect, the music still being heavy as fuck hardcore with the ever present metal edge. Rob has already started doing live shows. BORN FROM PAIN is currently working on a permanent replacement for the open bass player position.